Overview

I ran away to join the circus and now I live in Asia and love to travel and explore as much as I can. Read my full introduction here.

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Introduction

At the start of 2013 I moved from the UK to Macau to work for the circus.

That in itself is a ridiculous thing. I had just moved into a new flat in Finchley, North London. I was working in the West End, and I was having fun. I applied for the Macau job thinking nothing would come of it. Months went by, then I got an email asking if I was still interested. Then I had an interview. And a job offer. I called my best friend in a panic and she told me what I needed to hear: "Why are you calling me? Of course you're going to take the job. Idiot." So I thought Right, ok, fuck it, let's move to China! And I did.

It seems like most of my friends are making babies, having weddings and buying houses, which sounds like my own personal idea of hell but good for them. I'm not being sarcastic, everyone finds happiness in different ways. So here I am, in South East Asia, working, travelling, living, and taking photos of all of the things.

Chinese New Year celebrations, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment